Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Birthday





Twenty eight years ago I gave birth to a rather special little boy. This was before the ultrasounds that could tell me I was having a boy after having two little girls. I had the planned C-section on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and this meant that the holiday dinner was clear broth and jell-o. Ric did bring up a thermos of Wassil so I could have a little bit of the Holiday in my hospital room. I had mixed emotions on this day,(some of which I will not go into here) but I can say that I have been very blessed to have Kelvin as my son. He is kind, tender-hearted and compassionate young man. He is genereous and responsible father and friend. He now has a little boy of his own.

When Kelvin left on his mission he gave me the book, Love You Forever, by Robert Munsch. The message he wrote inside still makes me cry and reminds me of what a remarkable son I have.

So on this Thanksgiving Day I will give thanks for many blessings that include my children, husband and especially the "Turkey" that came 28 years ago today.

1 comment:

Kathy A. said...

What a wonderful son and what a precious gift. I gave that book to both my sons and they still have it. I cannot read it without tears coming to my eyes