Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Treat!


I finished the companion piece, Bernie Bunny in time for Easter. This went along with Bridget Bunnie from The Sweetheart Tree.

I woke up early and made the cinnamon rolls so we would have a nice treat while watching General Conference on TV. This is a favorite recipe and always turns out.

Cinnamon Rolls

2 1/2 cups warm water +
2 T. or 2 pkg yeast

Add 3/4 cup sugar and set aside for 5 minutes

1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs--beaten
1 tsp. salt

Gradually add 7 1/2 cups flour. (Or enough to make a slightly sticky dough)

Turn out onto a flour surface and knead. Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise until doubled in size.

Punch down and roll out into a rectangle. (I split the dough in half)

Melt 1/2 cup of butter
Mix 1 cup of brown sugar with 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.

Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle sugar/cinnamon on top. (You may add raisens or nuts if your family likes.)
Roll up and cut into about 1 1/2 slices. Put on a greased baking sheet. Let double in size. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
Frost with a butter cream frosting of Cream Cheese if that is your preference.

8 comments:

Suzann said...

Those bunnies are soooo cute!!

Those rolls look delish! I will definitely try those.

Thank you and Happy Easter!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Assuming your recipe is as yummy as your stitching is pretty, those cinnamon rolls must be fantastic!

Cynimin said...

OOOOh that recipe looks yummy! Great stitching too!

CraftyCarole said...

love the bunnies.
mmmmm thanks for the recipe.. I haven't made cinnamon rolls in forever.. I think it might be a good weekend to try!

Bluebird49 said...

Oh!! Your bunnies are so cute, Gayle! And the cinnamon buns look so good. I'd better NOT make any---I like them too much! But I'll copy the recipe--I love new recipes.

Ntxwriter said...

Cinnamon buns sound delicious. My mom used to make cinnamon buns from scratch and it was one of our favorite treats as kids.

Marissa said...

mmm... now this makes me want to bake... maybe next week as a treat for finishing up projects.

LDSVenus said...

Yummy, I love cinnamon rolls (a bit too much :P). I'm gonna have to try these. - I'm into comfort foods right now. :(