Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lose Ends and TLSAL

I haven't been very good at blogging.  I have had a few things I wanted to blog about so this is the posting of a few things that I wanted to start the year off with. 
Usually the time between Christmas and New Years I try and put together a jig saw puzzle.  This habit started when I was a little girl.  I would set up my little table in our bedroom and spend the break putting together a puzzle.  The puzzle this year took a little longer but it eventually got done. 
Before putting the Christmas decorations away, I took a pattern from a set of towels I got to make a set of towels for my daughter in law.  Her kitchen is decorated in Coca Cola memorabilia and these will fit perfectly with her decore.
For the last few years I have picked a word that defines where I am and what I want to focus my attention on.  I got this idea from the novel by Debbie Macomber called Thursdays At Eight.  This years word is; per·se·vere   /ˌpɜrsəˈvɪər/ Show Spelled
1. to persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement; continue steadfastly.

I like to think that I can maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, steadfast and immovable.  We will see what this year brings.
As for stitching, I have the goal to finish this piece.  It has been a WIP for several years and I am determined to finish it this year.  I love this picture by Greg Olsen.  It is entitled, "O Jerusalem".  Wish me luck!
With my goal of finishing my WIP's, I joined Daffycat's TLSAL. As I post my progress I will be eligible for some fantastic prizes.  Who doesn't like that for an insentive to stitch.

6 comments:

Debbie T said...

I love working puzzles also, and that is a pretty one! :=) Hope your cold is better!!

Bluebird49 said...

Gayle, it looks like you getting nearer to finishing Oh Jerusalem! I'll bet it's beautiful

I'm posting again at
http://forhismercydotblogspotdotcom

in case you want to drop by. Hope you had a good holiday

Ziggyeor said...

Great puzzle. I have a stitching themed puzzle I got for Christmas that I still have spread out. I haven't worked on it but once and a bit of my border is messed up.

Love the progress on Oh Jerusalem!

Adrienne said...

Thanks for telling me about your blog. It's so fun to get to know people a little bit better this way isn't it? That O' Jerusalem cross stitch is A-MAZE-ING! Holy smokes. Travis's grandmother is a avid cross stitcher and we have been the lucky recipients of a few of her pieces.

Hazel said...

Beautiful wip. Jigsaw is amazing too. I don't have much patience for them. xx

miloduck said...

Hey I am working on the Same O jerusalem cross stitch. I have lost the legend that tells the colors that go on the chart. I believe my 18 month old got to it. Do you still have your instructions? If so could I get a copy from you?