Sunday, March 20, 2011

An Irish Blessing and Family Recipe

I finished this piece this week for Saint Patricks day.  The pattern can be found on the Leisure Arts blog. I can always use a blessing and shamrocks for luck. It was done with the required DMC threads and Linen.


I am not a big fan of corn beef.  My mother in law fixed this casserole for St. Patricks day and I liked the combination of flavors. (Bacon makes a lot of things taste better) The left overs are even better.

Corn Beef Noodle Casserole

1 tin of corn beef
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 lb. bacon, cut into pieces
2-3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 med. onion, chopped
16 oz. bag of egg noodles.
1 cup cheddar cheese
Cook egg noodles and set aside. (I used about 4 cups cooked)

Fry bacon until crisp-tender. Remove from pan. Drain all but 2 Tbsp. fat. Add chopped vegetables. Cook until tender.  In a casserole dish, combine corn beef, cream of mushroom soup, bacon, and vegetables. Add egg noodles. Top with cheddar cheese.  Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Love the blessing finish! Congrats!