Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Little Stitching




These last few weeks I have been working on a few things in my WIP basket. Besides making a little progress on the ABECEDAIRE I worked on a few Dishcloths and made the new Christmas ornament that is on the Blue Ribbon Design site. I realized that I am not a big fan of linen and will only pick small projects if they require it. I would much rather work on aida cloth but sometimes the design is a 1 over 1 like the cannaries and aida cloth would not look as nice. I have been eyeing the Mary Wigham sampler. This is a Quaker sampler done by one of the girls at the Ackworth school in 1790. It has an interesting history around the motifs and the school itself. I am still deciding whether to use the threads suggested or change the palette to suit more of my taste.

4 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Such a pretty piece. Love the little cardinals.

Marissa said...

love that you've had an opportunity to sit down and stitch lately. Love you!

Lynn B said...

Thankyou for visiting my blog, I love the Christmas ornament!

stitching under oaks said...

The dishcloths look great! I'm a big fan of dishcloths and I love the Christmas stitchery! beautiful job. Thanks for stopping by my blog! have a great day.